Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Urban Dictionary


One of my newest websites added to my favorites list is the Urban Dictionary. My name is Valerie, and according to Urban Dictionary, I can be defined as, “Valerie is a VERY sexy women who is also very intelligent. She has beautiful eyes and is sometimes considered to be a savage, but those people know as well as everyone else, that she is truly one of a kind. Don’t do anything bad to Valerie, because she WILL come back out on top.”

Okay, so this might not be Webster’s or anything, but I sure as hell love it! But it is mostly for getting a good laugh and for looking up slang words and phrases. Each day, another word or phrase is added to the list of urban dictionary vocabulary.

Since I have explored the realm of Twitter through this blog and my utter confusion at its purpose, I decided to see how Urban Dictionary defined it. The fourth definition had me in stitches:
“'T’ext ‘W’hat ‘I’m ‘T’hinking ‘T’o ‘E’veryone ‘R’eading. An online social networking site. It’s for everyone over 35 and trying to seem hip thinks that everyone under 25 is using, but they actually aren't.

Of course, I suppose definition number two defines it more accurately: “Social media messaging service for staying in touch and keeping up with friends from anywhere. Usable through a growing number of platforms including SMS, IM, and various desktop clients, as well as the Twitter website.”

Since this is a site just for fun, I looked up blog as well: “Short for weblog. A meandering, blatantly uninteresting online diary that gives the author the illusion that people are interested in their stupid, pathetic life. Consists of such riveting entries as ‘homework sucks’ and ‘I slept until noon today.’”

Taking a gander and even typing in your own name will, at the very least, give you a little chuckle. So check out urbandictionary.com.

2 comments:

  1. I actually went to their website and it seems really interesting. I typed it in for my name also and the facts that came up I believed to be true, but they were also quite hilarious. It seems to be accurate for the most part! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went to their website and it seems really interesting. I typed it in for my name also and the facts that came up I believed to be true, but they were also quite hilarious. It seems to be accurate for the most part! ;-)

    ReplyDelete