Saturday, May 9, 2009

Role Models


I recently went to a cookout on campus with the tour guide organization for my university where I was asked to deliver a speech after four years of giving tours and as a graduating senior.

It was fun, the organization gave me some graduating gifts, but what was really interesting was the entertainment that was provided on the big field in the middle of campus. I just watched the hilarious movie Role Models, starring Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott.

Evidently I wasn’t the only one because the medieval reenactments using long boards of cardboard and duct tape for swords and proper robes and attire could be found midday Friday on campus.

Any hit taken, and you lose that limb. Apparently the movie meant more to some people than others, but during the cookout spectators gathered, including myself, to watch the battle ensue.

I only hope that the next time someone reenacts scenes from the movie, it will be a troubled, feisty little boy who spits out streams of profanity with hilarious results.

No comments:

Post a Comment