Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Place for Everything, and Everything in its Place

A big problem I face every time I try and sit down to get some work done is the clutter that I have around me. All the mess on the desk, not to mention the disorganization of the files and notebooks I have in my desk drawers, really bother me and can be very distracting.

One day, instead of doing work, I decided to completely reorganize my desk in a way that I would still have some of my favorite things in front of me while I work. I also put away some of the disorder that would sidetrack my attention in a negative way.

After I did that, I still didn’t really feel like putting my nose to the grindstone, so I looked through my papers. After about two and a half hours, I had completely reorganized my work life in a way that I could find everything accessibly.

When everything was said and done, I knew I had accomplished a lot…without actually doing any much needed work. But the organization of all my crap has lasted for a while now, and it has made it a better environment to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment