Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Power of Networks

Have you ever been flipping through the channels on television and come across a movie that you already own, but decide to watch it regardless?

How about when you listen to the radio and there might be a song you’ve heard dozens of times, but because the radio station deemed it worthy enough to have it on the air at that particular time, you should stay tuned in and listen?

I ask myself why I choose to watch the movie with all of the possible censoring, the cutting out scenes of movies to fit into a perfect time frame and, most of all, sit through the commercials. Likewise, I wonder why I tune in to the crappy, static-filled versions of songs I have on CDs and my iPod.

I’d love to get an answer to why I am more interested in movies and songs on the TV or the radio than the same movies or songs on my DVD and CD collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment