Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stuff White People Like

I heard about the website, stuffwhitepeoplelike.com, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Was any of it accurate? Was the list only five items long? Was it just one big joke?

A of all: it is accurate. B of all: the full list at 125 and still growing. C of all: it’s hilarious!

Coffee is number one on the list and I thought to myself: everyone drinks coffee. But then I thought of all the times I have been to Starbucks over the years, and it was like a light bulb went off in my brain. How many non-white people have I seen in Starbucks?

Yoga is also among the list of things white people like…so true. 80’s night along with ugly sweater parties are on the list, which can go hand in hand with the other. Out of all the friends that have had a 80s themed party, how many can you name that aren’t white?

Knowing what’s best for poor people…I think they are called Republicans though. Then again, other than Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice there aren’t too many black Republicans out there.

But my absolute favorite thing on the list is number 116: white people like black music that black people don’t listen to anymore. “All music genres go through a very similar life cycle: birth, growth, mainstream acceptance, decline, and finally obscurity. With black music, however, the final stage is never reached because white people are work tirelessly to keep it alive.” The reason why this is so funny is because it is so true.

Since it is NHL playoffs season, I suggest that hockey should be added to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment