Saturday, May 9, 2009

You’ve Got Seattle


Once again, I found myself sitting around flipping through channels while avoiding work like the plague, and then I found one of my favorite feel good movies on one of my favorite networks, BRAVO: You’ve Got Mail.

Anytime you want to watch a movie that just puts you in a pleasant mood, I would recommend You’ve Got Mail starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Another good one is Sleepless in Seattle…also starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. I decided to do a little research on the two movies through the Internet Movie Database.

Well here’s a shocker, they were both directed by the same person, Nora Ephron. Let’s explore the plots shall we: romantic comedies where a boy meets a girl, but forces keep them apart until love finally conquers all and they live happily ever after.

Sounds a lot like my blog about Project Runway vs. The Fashion Show. They are just imitations of each other. However, both movies have intrigued moviegoers and in my opinion, The Fashion Show will be a pathetic clone wannabe of Project Runway.

I would just like to see something that hasn’t been done before. Plots and stories get done over and over and over again until it becomes mundane. But, for the time being, I will enjoy the well-made copycat.

No comments:

Post a Comment