Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting Down to the Wire

One year ago I was sitting in the same chair at my same desk in my same student apartment saying to myself, "It's one more year of freedom."

Now, I am sitting here in my chair, at my desk, looking at my cap and gown saying, "Where did the time go?" I sound like an older relative after they haven't seen me in a year or so at a family reunion.

My original graduation date was one year ago, almost to the day. However, I chose to take a second major after I found a passion for journalism. With each day that went by, I did work...or what I thought was work, since I've never had a "real" job bacuase my parents always said that school was my job.

But what now? I can't procrastinate anymore, and I can't add another year to my college career. Nope. As my father says, "The real world is gonna be knocking on your door pretty soon." How do I answer it? Where did the time go?

It's almost time to face to music, and the song that will be playing is Pomp and Circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment