Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lost on LOST


From day one I have been obsessed with ABC’s hit show, LOST. Maybe it was the appeal of a mysterious island, or the idea that everyone in this world is connected in some way…or maybe it was because of the hot doctor on the island, Jack, the handsome southern bad boy, Sawyer, or the hobbit turned rock star, Charlie. Regardless, I’ve never missed an episode.

People have complained about how confused they were when they to jump into the series mid-way into a season. But this is a television show that you have to either watch religiously from episode one or you rent the previous seasons to catch up.

Stories and character’s backgrounds are told through flashbacks, which were a little hard to follow at first, but very soon I got the hang of it. I even stuck around for the four to six week breaks where they showed reruns while the writer strike was getting resolved. The flash forwards into the future almost had me channel surfing, but I stayed true.

Lately things are starting to get a little out of hand. The random acts of time travel that are inflicted upon by the mysterious island have me reaching for the Excedrin. Not to mention, people coming back from the dead and others visiting their estranged parents before and after they, themselves, were born.

ABC has insisted that they will be answering more and more questions that have been lingering throughout the show. The only problem is that ABC has created twice as many questions with the answers given.

This show has me mystified, but it also has me intrigued…so for now, I will remain an avid viewer. In the meantime, if you're lost like me, check out this video for the crazed, yet, confused fans.

1 comment: