Monday, April 20, 2009

Little Miss Distracted

Sometimes people just have one of those days where everything seems to go wrong. I had one of these days recently after my car got a $75 parking ticket just before I was about to leave to go to a funeral. Not to mention, all my pictures for my photojournalism assignment had gotten deleted.

After a day like that, I was begging for anything to distract me. After looking through 30 plus pages on fmylife.com, I decided to turn to my DVD collection.

Movies let people escape from their lives for about two hours and spy on the fictional, and sometimes factual, lives of others. One of my favorite movies is the 2006 Oscar winning Little Miss Sunshine.
Talk about having problems, this movie takes a look at the very dysfunctional Hoover family as they trek on a long road trip together. It has everything from side-splitting laughter to tear-jerking moments and all that’s in between.

The bottom line is that after this cinematic experience, almost no one can walk away without thinking: well if the Hoovers can get through that, then I can get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment