Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Join the Mafia


I’ve never been much for video games. Even when I was little and my older brother would ask me to play Sonic: The Hedgehog or Donkey Kong or, my least favorite of all, Mortal Combat, I would get my rear end lovingly handed to me every game. My only defense would be to smash all of the buttons on the control resulting in a miraculous victory. My brother stopped asking me to play after that.

So when my cousin asked me to play a video game online via Facebook, I rejected the application. After several Facebook chat conversations with him, he told me to try out Mafia Wars, mainly because he needed more people for his mafia, but also because he thought I would like it.

I figured I would try and be the procrastinating version of Oprah and do a little multitasking during my Facebooking, Instant Messaging, and E-mailing. That was how my addiction started and I have been hooked ever since.

The basics are that the user is a mob boss with a mafia that does his or her bidding and helps out with jobs, robbing other mafia’s properties, and fighting other mafias in order to make money and loot. Sounds pretty ordinary and, admittedly, boring at first. But as soon as you get snuffed out by a rival mafia, revenge is the sweetest form of victory.

So, I urge all of you, especially all the skeptics out there to give Mafia Wars a try. But as a warning, watch out for Donna Santini and her mafia; she takes no prisoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment