Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Going Old School

I have a very strong bond with my family. But sometimes they forget what it’s like to be a young adult and they get upset when they don’t hear from me every day; this is especially true with my grandparents.

It’s not as if they don’t have my phone number, but I hear about how unsociable I have been every time I go back home. But recently, through my procrastination attempts, I found a quick and easy solution. E-mail!

Recently, I started a ritual. A few times a week, I will take five or ten minutes (away from work) to write an e-mail updating them how I am and asking how they have been. Not only does it make me feel better knowing that I am checking up on them, but apparently, it makes my grandparents day to hear from me.

So it just goes to show you that a little procrastination can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment