Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dirty Little Secrets


Every weekend, there is a website I visit where people choose to share their most intimate secrets: postsecret.com.

Everyone has a secret. Some are funny, some are embarrassing, and some are downright overwhelming. This website takes the therapist out of therapy and allows people release their secrets without fear of judgments.

In many cases people find support from other secret-keepers. In fact, the website’s community was invited to the first postsecret.com picnic and it’s amazing watching these people connect through a common ground: they all had a secret that they didn’t want anyone to know.

Sometimes the only way to let go of a hardship in life is to let it out. The beauty of postsecret.com is that it doesn’t turn anyone or anything away. It is a completely unbiased way of divulging innermost secrets.

People have even found comfort from bloggers reading the posts that send comments of compassion and understanding.

Every postcard I read, I think how lucky I am in my life and how much I shouldn’t take for granted. In a way, it teaches me to become less judgmental of others because you never know what is underneath the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment